Nicknamed Emerald City for its lush greenery, it’s no surprise that Washington’s capital city is such a popular tourist destination. There are so many landmarks to visit, like the iconic Space Needle, the Museum of Pop Culture, and much more.
That said, you can’t talk about Seattle without talking about coffee. In the US, Seattle has the third most coffee shops per capita and is widely regarded for its coffee culture and coffeehouses. For your convenience, we’ve made a comprehensive list of some of the best coffee shops in Seattle!
1. Elm Coffee Roasters — Elm Coffee Roasters is known for their excellent staff, gorgeous interior, and their fabulous in-house roaster. They have two shops, including one near the Museum of History & Industry.
2. Seattle Coffee Works — Seattle Coffee Works is a fantastic stop for coffee lovers. They offer both an espresso bar and a slow bar for comparing single-origin beans. They currently have four cafes in Seattle, including one at 108 Pine Street.
3. Caffé D’arte — Caffé D’arte is a coffee roaster in Downtown Seattle, where they’ve been located for 32 years. This southern Italian coffee shop is known for their expertise in the craft of coffee roasting. The quality of the coffee at Caffé D’arte is hard to find elsewhere.
4. Espresso Vivace — Espresso Vivace is a well-known coffee shop and roaster located on 532 Broadway East near the scenic Volunteer Park. Its owner, David Schomer, is credited with popularising latte art in the US, which you can view him demonstrating on YouTube.
5. Café Allegro — In the mood for a more low-key coffee shop? You’ll love Café Allegro. They take great pride in importing their flavourful beans from family farms and roasting them on-site. You’ll find this charming cafe on University Way near the historic Burke Museum.
6. Lighthouse Roasters Fine Coffees — Lighthouse Roaster Fine Coffees is a small corner cafe on 43rd St. They’ve been making photo-worthy artisan coffees in Seattle for almost 30 years. You can take a look at some of their beautiful coffees on their Instagram page.
7. 14 Carrot Café — Since their founding in 1977, 14 Carrot Café has become a local favourite. Everyone loves having coffee and breakfast at this funky café. You’ll find them in Capitol Hill, just a short walk from Terry Pettus Park.
8. Zoka Coffee Roaster & Tea Co. — Zoka Coffee Roaster & Tea Co. is a great place to unwind and enjoy some small-batch coffee and sandwiches. This welcoming shop in Northeast Seattle is known for ethically sourcing their coffee from around the world.
9. Victrola Coffee Roasters — Victrola Coffee Roasters has four locations, including one in Downtown Seattle. At these beautiful shops, you can learn more about coffee, watch the roasting process, and sip a cup while reading a book!
10. Caffe Ladro — Caffe Ladro’s cafés have their own unique style to suit their location, but they all share amazing coffee and baked goods! You can find Caffe Ladro in 16 different neighbourhoods across Seattle, including Union St, West Seattle, Highlands, and more.
Find Amazing Coffee Shops in Seattle on brewstr
If you’d like to learn more about the many coffee shops in Seattle, brewstr is here to help. We’re a one-stop shop for coffee-loving travellers looking for the best brews worldwide.
With our user-friendly website, you can search up the city you’re visiting and find lots of helpful information about the best coffee shops nearby. If you have any questions, please feel free to complete our contact form.