Along with being the most populous city in the US, New York City is considered an international hub of culture, media, and tourism. A visit to the Big Apple is sure to be full of adventure and new experiences, from catching a show on Broadway to shopping in Times Square.
NYC is also a popular tourist destination for coffee lovers, as the diversity and artistic nature of NYC’s locals have brought about an incredible array of coffee shops. New York has the most coffee drinkers per capita of any state, so they’re bound to have great taste! Not sure where to start? We recommend consulting our helpful list of some of the best coffee shops in NYC.
1. Hi-Collar – If you’re looking for an authentic NYC coffee experience, you’ll love Hi-Collar. Located in NYC’s Ukrainian Village, this Japanese cafe is a great spot to enjoy high-end coffee. With its talented staff and beautiful interior, you won’t regret a visit to Hi-Collar!
2. Little Collins– This chic, Melbourne-inspired café offers a wide selection of delicious espresso and pour-over coffee. They currently have a location on 3rd Ave., just a few minutes’ walk from the world-famous Chrysler Building, and another on Lexington Ave. in Brooklyn.
3. Stumptown Coffee Roasters – Stumptown Coffee Roasters is known for their premium fresh-roasted coffee. They offer a wide range of hand-roasted and organic blends from their various locations, including Brooklyn and Greenwich Village.
4. Coffee Project NY – With four locations across NYC, Coffee Project NY is the only Specialty Coffee Association training campus in New York State. You can buy a cup of their flavourful coffee or sign up for one of their public coffee classes!
5. Felix Roasting Co. – Felix Roasting Co. serves artful espresso drinks and photo-worthy coffee cocktails. You can find this elegant café in Soho, just a few minutes’ walk from the Prince St. subway station.
6. Maman – If you’re looking for the best coffee shops in New York City, a visit to Maman on West 25th is a must. This rustic coffee shop is a great place to stop for coffee or one of their popular French/American baked goods.
7. Birch Coffee – Birch Coffee has 13 shops in NYC where you can disconnect from your phone and reflect on your travels. You can check out pictures of their delicious coffee and mouthwatering pastries on their Instagram page.
8. Culture Espresso – Culture Espresso is an independent coffee shop with two locations on West 38th St. by Madame Tussauds and Times Square. Locals and tourists alike adore their coffee, which pairs amazingly with their fresh-baked cookies.
9. Devoción – Devoción is a café in Brooklyn near the Williamsburg bridge. They serve carefully sourced Colombian in a cozy, brick-lined space with comfortable furniture.
10. Bluestone Lane Collective Café – Along with Little Collins, Bluestone Lane Collective Café is a major part of the Australian coffee culture in NYC. They serve Australian-style espresso drinks from their stylish café in NYC’s West Village, just a 10-minute walk from the historic Stonewall Inn.
Find the Best Coffee Shops in New York City With brewstr
You can learn more about the coffee shops listed above and others in New York City with brewstr! We’re proud to be a user-friendly resource for travellers and coffee enthusiasts worldwide.
With brewstr, you can type any city into our search bar and we’ll provide you with reviews and addresses of the best shops nearby. It couldn’t be any easier! Have any questions for us? We encourage you to fill out our contact form.