- Is it free to list my business on brewstr?
- Why is my business listed on brewstr?
- What is the benefit of listing my business on brewstr?
- How do I add my business?
- I manage more than one cafe; can I list them all?
- How long does it take for my listing to be approved?
- My business is listed but the details are wrong
- Who can make changes to information on my page?
- My listing is already claimed, what can I do?
- What are Labels and how do I use them?
- How do I add an ‘Order Now’ button or my ordering service?
- How is brewstr different to other sites & apps?
- I’m a blogger / reviewer – can you feature my review?
- How do I get more reviews for our listing?
Is it free to list my business on brewstr?
Yes! brewstr does not charge cafes & roasters to list their business. It is completely free to list your cafe or claim it if it’s already listed!
Why is my business listed on brewstr?
This could be due to many reasons:
- We regularly search through social media, coffee reviews and blogs, Google maps and other various sources to find cafes & roasters we’d love to share with the world. We spend a lot of time trying to add new listings and ensuring existing listings have accurate information. This is a painstaking process, but we love coffee, so we do it!
- Someone loves your cafe, and thought it was an injustice to the world that you were not listed. Congratulations!
How do I add my business?
- Head to the ‘Add a Cafe‘ page
- If you don’t already have an account, you must provide your email address and a username. You will be emailed a link to set your password.
- At a minimum, complete the following fields to speed up approval of your listing:
Listing Name – the ‘public’ name of your business, i.e. ‘Specialty Roasting Co.’
Location – enter the full address of your storefront – press Enter or select a suggested address to update the location on the map below
Contact Email – a public email that customers can contact you on – in case it’s different to your email
Listing Region – select the most appropriate city for your business; if your city is not listed, please select the country or leave this blank; we can update this for you
Listing Category – if you’re a coffee shop or a roaster (or both), add these here
Listing Labels – click in the box to select labels that apply to your business; labels are used when searching for cafes, and can be used to show features that your business provides such as Wifi, Cold Pour, Espresso, Pet Friendly, Indoor Seating etc.
Hours of Operation – specify the time you open/close every day; you can copy/paste, or enter 3p for example to quickly select 3:00 PM. If you are closed on Sundays, you can select Closed from the dropdown.
Images – upload any images you want to show on your listing; the maximum size is 4MB; our services will automatically reduce and optimise the size for your page.
Brewing Methods, Equipment and Coffee Used – use these fields to show off what brewing methods, equipment and coffee you use. These will show up at the top of the page on your listing.
What is the benefit of listing my business on brewstr?
It’s free! As a site designed by and for self confessed coffee snobs, brewstr wants to help you promote your business. By allowing the public to leave your business reviews, like Google Maps, Zomato and many other sites, this captures the great work you are doing, and helps push more customers to your store.
brewstr also maintains Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages, and we utilise these to feature top cafes.
How long does it take for my listing to be approved?
We try to approve all new listings within 48 hours. We will contact you if there are any issues with approving your listing.
My business is listed but the details are wrong
To update the details on your listing, you should claim the listing. On the listing for your page, click the ‘Claim this listing’ link and follow the prompts to associate the listing with your logon. Once your claim is approved, you can update the details on your page.
Who can make changes to information on my page?
Only the listing owner can make changes to the page. Claim the listing to take ownership of the page.
My listing is already claimed, what can I do?
Contact us and our team will help you claim the listing. We will require additional information to verify your claim.
What are Labels and how do I use them?
Labels are used for filtering when users search for your cafe. Say if a user is looking for a cafe that serves decaf coffee, if your listing has the decaf label, then it will show up. This is a great way to showcase that you offer things like Wifi or if you are a child friendly venue. But for the most part, we like to use this to show different brewing methods for search purposes. A full list of labels is below:
- Brewing Methods / Coffee Types:
- Batch Brew
- Decaf Coffee
- Pour Over
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Filtered Coffee
- French Press
- Turkish Coffee
- Melbourne Magic
- Moka Pot
- Ordering Methods:
- Food Options
- Dog Friendly
- Indoor Seating
- Kid / Pram Friendly
- Outdoor Seating
- Pet Friendly
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Community Support
- Bushfire Support (supporting Australian Bushfire communities)
How do I add an ‘Order Now’ button or my ordering service?
To have the ‘order now’ button shown on your page, you must use a supported ordering service, and your listing must be claimed/verified. This is done by adding your cafe and having it approved, or claiming your listing. Please contact us with details of your ordering service, usually, the URL of the service which you use.
We currently show the following ordering services buttons:
If you use an ordering service not shown above, please contact us to have it added. We will require a contact from the company who can assist providing the correct button to show on our site.
How is brewstr different to other sites & apps?
Unlike Google Maps, Yelp, TripAdvisor and others, brewstr is purely for coffee enthusiasts and coffee businesses. We’ve taken great care to ensure this follows through all the way to reviews on your business listing.
Our rating system is based around three different 5-star scales;
- Coffee Quality
We created these 3 metrics to give a higher quality rating result – a 5 star rating is more likely to represent an excellent coffee experience. Other sites have a single 5 star rating, which can be ambiguous and leave coffee enthusiasts disappointed.
We are constantly engaging with our community, businesses and enthusiasts alike, taking your feedback, updating and creating new features, and making sure that our platform is regularly updated and has the latest venues on offer. We hope this translates into a better experience for your business and your patrons!
I’m a blogger / reviewer – can you feature my review?
We have purpose built the brewstr platform with 3rd party reviews in mind. If you’ve written a review of a cafe which is listed on brewstr (if it’s not listed, you can simply report a cafe as missing), we’re open to linking to your review in return for a link back to the brewstr listing. Simply add a review to the cafe with the link back to your review; we will verify your back link and then update your link to follow back to your site.
Further to back linking to your reviews, if you’re interested in guest writing on our blog, please contact us with your pitch.
How do I get more reviews for our listing?
Whilst we encourage brewstr users to leave a fair review for their favorite coffee shops, we also encourage you as a business owner to encourage your customers to leave a great review.
You can do this by:
- Posting on your social media pages, eg, Facebook and Instagram, and encouraging your patrons to leave a review on brewstr
- Letting your customers know at your checkout that you’re listed on brewstr and that if the loved your coffee, it’d be great if they could leave a review
- Requesting third party reviews written about your business to link to your brewstr listing page
We reserve the right to remove fraudulent reviews. Note we use a range of anti-spam mechanisms which may result in reviews not appearing if they are deemed to be spam.